You will be a part of a small elite team of high performing developers who report directly to the Head of Engineering. It is a unique opportunity, learning how to build a business from scratch, how to develop a solution to any problem, and work directly with the founder to achieve group level goals.
You are expected to take a high-level problem, see the best way to break it down, and create the correct levels of abstraction, all while keeping the code readable and maintainable for other developers.
You will be part of a small and meritocratic development team working on fixing difficult problems with excellent solutions.
- Architect, build and deploy high quality, scalable and heavily tested web applications across our stack
- Evolve our systems through solid architectural design and drive best practices through code review
- Have Significant experience building distributed backend services, we use Node.js. Great full stack expertise. You should be proficient in CSS through to SQL. We extensively use React, Node.js, AWS (serverless code and DB), SQL (Postgres) and React Native.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver quickly and iterate often
- Maximise your time on developing and minimising your time in meetings
- Be Confident in your ability and decision making. Take pride in your achievements and own your mistakes.
- Thrive on a Greenfield project
- 2+ years AWS experience
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience working on full stack web applications
- Great Github profile with demonstrable personal projects
- Strong knowledge of relational (Postgres) and non-relational databases
- Thrive in an autonomous, meritocratic and driven environment
- Have passion for technology
- Proven track record of achieving individual targets
- Being data driven and results orientated
- Experience of scaling in a fast growing company
- Confidence in your ability but aware enough to understand that you don’t know what you don’t know
Nice to haves
- Commercial experience of Node.JS applications
- A graduate degree in a technical or quantitative field
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Enrolment into the By Miles pension plan after passing your three month probation
- Local gym membership discount
- Remote and flexible working opportunities
- Personal training budget (to support professional development and certification)
- Personal book budget (so you can add to our ever-growing library)
- Regular social events
- Join a fast-growing and exciting startup with excellent growth opportunities
- Remote working available
- West London office (Hammersmith) with great transport links (District, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Piccadilly Lines)