By Bits are looking for a Junior Developer to join and help grow this new and exciting opportunity.
You will be a part of a small team of developers who report directly to the Head of Engineering. It is a unique opportunity, in learning how to build a business from scratch, how to develop a solution to a problem, and work directly with the founder to achieve group level goals.
You will be working on developing API, web and mobile applications as part of the By Bits platform. You will get a chance to use an array of technologies such as Node.js, React, React Native, Postgres all under AWS.
You enjoy taking a high-level problem, and breaking it down into smaller and simpler solutions while keeping code readable and maintainable.
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring junior developer to work in a small team to make an impact and difference to the business.
- Get stuck in with hands-on coding, developing new features, resolving and diagnosing issues.
- Carry out code reviews to ensure good code quality and maintain an understanding of the ever evolving platform.
- You should be comfortable with CSS, HTML and JS. You should understand and demonstrate the use of at least two of: React, Node.js, AWS, SQL (Postgres) or React Native.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver quickly and iteration often.
- Maximise your time on developing and minimising your time in meetings.
- Be confident in your ability and decision making. Take pride in your achievements and also learn from your mistakes.
- Hands-on development experience working on web applications.
- If you’ve got a great GitHub profile, great! Show it to us with any of your demonstrable personal projects.
- Understanding of relational databases. We use Postgres.
- Some AWS experience or similar.
- Thrive in an autonomous, meritocratic and driven environment.
- Have passion for technology and software development.
- Proven track record of achieving individual targets.
- Being data driven and results orientated.
- Confidence in your ability but aware enough to understand that you don’t know what you don’t know.
Nice to haves
- Experience Node.JS applications
- A graduate degree in a technical or quantitative field
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Remote and flexible working opportunities
- Personal training budget (to support professional development and certification)
- Personal book budget (so you can add to our ever-growing library)
- Regular social events
- Join a fast-growing and exciting startup with excellent growth opportunities
- Remote working option
- West London office (Hammersmith) with great transport links (District, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Piccadilly Lines)