By Bits is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join and help grow this new and exciting opportunity.
You will be a part of a team of developers and engineers who report directly to the Head of Engineering. It is a unique opportunity, learning how to build a business from scratch, how to develop a solution to any problem, and work directly with the founder to achieve group level goals.
You’ll be helping the team build and maintain the infrastructure that will serve hundreds of thousands of API and database requests per day, through our insurance policy and rating management systems.
The infrastructure is ever growing to meet new business needs and you will be working to adapt and take pragmatic approaches to solutions and knowing where not to over engineer.
You will be part of a small and meritocratic development team working on fixing difficult problems with excellent solutions.
- Develop and maintain the AWS infrastructure and platform of By Bits and continually adapt, upgrade and improve the infrastructure as the platform grows.
- Manage and maintain environments across the lifecycle of the product.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Be responsible for monitoring, logging and alerting.
- Apply DevOps principles to ensure security levels are maintained in line with ISO 27001.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to deliver the By Bits platform to clients of varying sizes.
- Automate all things where possible.
- Be the go-to person in the event our developers need support and advice regarding infrastructure.
- Share knowledge and write technical documentation and diagrams where necessary.
- Support and collaborate with other team members where appropriate in problem solving as well as overcoming technical challenges and supporting By Bits clients.
- A passion for software and technology.
- A graduate 2.1 degree in a technical or quantitative field or graduated from a bootcamp or similar.
- Good experience and knowledge of AWS.
- Have experience in maintaining infrastructure and automation with Terraform or AWS Cloudformation and good knowledge of the pros and cons of various automation tools.
- Experience with building CI and CD pipelines.
- You’re happy troubleshooting a wide variety of issues and you’re not afraid to parse various error and info logs in pursuit of an answer.
- Be a self starter, autonomous and a team player in a meritocratic environment.
- Good time management skills and able to manage time between development, delivery and minimising your time in meetings.
- Having the right attitude and a growth mindset towards completing tasks, solving problems and working as a team.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Remote and flexible working opportunities
- Personal training budget (to support professional development and certification)
- Personal book budget (so you can add to our ever-growing library)
- Regular social events
- Join a fast-growing and exciting startup with excellent growth opportunities
- West London office (Hammersmith) with great transport links (District, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Piccadilly Lines)